Entrepreneurship & Innovation Education Program Director
The Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology
The Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology (SkolTech) is proud to announce the creation of an Entrepreneurship & Innovation (E&I) Education Program Director.
SkolTech is a new private graduate university opening in 2014, as a central element of the Skolkovo innovation ecosystem, just outside of Moscow. Launched in collaboration with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), SkolTech will have cutting-edge research and graduate educational programs with experiences in innovation and entrepreneurship wholly integrated. SkolTech will attract, educate, and engage the best talent from within the Russian Federation and overseas, interacting closely with research laboratories, ventures, and industrial partners, and helping to create a crucible of economic and entrepreneurial activity based on the application of science and technology. Inspired by this vision, the mission of SkolTech is to have educational, scholarly, and economic impact in the Russian Federation and around the world, by educating leading graduate students and conducting research programs to address key challenges in science, technology, and innovation. SkolTech will begin offering full-scale MSc and PhD degree programs in the fall of 2014, and by the end of the decade, SkolTech will have a faculty of over 200 professors, appointed according to international standards and procedures, 300 post-doctoral researchers, and 1200 graduate students. For the 2012-2013 and 2013-2014 academic years, SkolTech will offer pilot education programs, as well as launch research centers and innovation programs.
The E&I Education Program Director will be responsible for development, implementation and management the E&I component of the educational program at SkolTech, assuring deliverables in the areas of subject and curriculum development, teaching at and involving SkolTech and external educational partners, and degree design. This will involve structuring and supporting the creation and implementation of graduate-level education programs and courses in E&I, to be offered with assistance from MIT, helping establish both separate E&I tracks within the SkolTech master's and Ph.D. programs and incorporate innovation and entrepreneurship into the science and engineering academic programs. E&I Education Program Director will report to the Director of CEI and work closely with faculty and educational staff at MIT and SkolTech.
- Coordinate the planning, development of E&I educational programs and curricula;
- Manage of search and engagement of E&I lecturers, including SkolTech E&I faculty, SkolTech E&I-focused Founding Faculty Fellows, lecturers on contract, mentors, etc.;
- Analyze E&I programs and curricula in other educational institutions, including partner institutions, develop recommendations for engagement, manage implementation;
- Manage establishment of (joint) educational programs in E&I with partner institutions;
- Act in liaison with the educational programs at MIT and partner institutions;
- Work collaboratively with all stakeholders both in SkolkovoTech and externally;
- Share relevant information with other SkolkovoTech team members;
- Director of the Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Other Key Relations:
- CEI Team;
- Dean of Education;
- Director of Student life
- SkolTech Faculty and Founding Faculty Fellows;
- MIT collaboration team
Experience and Qualifications:
The successful candidate must have:
- a Master of Sciences, or preferably a PhD (or national equivalent) in learning and teaching, and educational design or in entrepreneurship and innovation and/or product design and realization;
- an international experience in setting up and running university level program, preferably in Science or Engineering fields;
- demonstrated skills in working at the interface with academic affiliates and industrial stakeholders;
- documented ability to coordinate a broad continuum of programs;
- management experience with strong administrative and interpersonal skills;
- demonstrated commitment to an interdisciplinary approach in science and engineering;
- have excellent proficiency in spoken and written English;
- have excellent writing and presentation skills;
Strong preference for candidates with:
- college-level teaching experience;
- documented experience in entrepreneurship and innovation and/or product design and product realization activities;
- experience with management of concurrent projects, including budgets;
- strong computer applications knowledge;
- ability to communicate in Russian is a plus.
The successful candidate will be paid a competitive compensation package commensurate with the important responsibilities of this role.
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org