The Davis International Center is committed to providing services and programs that support the growth, development, and welfare of international students and scholars on multiple levels - immigration regulatory advising and processing, cultural adjustment, social enrichment, and assistance with practical matters related to living in the U.S.
Reporting to the Director, the International Program Coordinator & Advisor will play an important role in the coordination of Davis International Center events and programs and will also serve as an international student advisor.
- In collaboration with the entire Davis IC staff, the Program Coordinator and Advisor will plan, coordinate, and implement Davis IC programs, events, and excursions.
- Work closely with the Director, the Associate Director for International Students, and Davis IC staff to coordinate the annual freshman 3-day International Orientation (IO) program and the 2-day Graduate International Orientation (GIO) program.
- Serve as initial point of contact for all incoming international freshmen until they are assigned an International Student Advisor.
- Work closely with the Office Coordinator on program logistics including the program events calendar, venue reservations and room set-up, catering arrangements, transportation, and other related program logistics.
- Contribute to efforts to design and implement online workshops and information sessions.
- Serve as a Designated School Official (DSO) for the F-1 student visa program and as an Alternate Responsible Officer (ARO) for J-1 Exchange Visitor Student Program.
- Under the supervision of the Associate Director for International Students, maintain a student advising caseload, attend advisor meetings, and assist with immigration workshops as appropriate.
- Promote Davis IC events in the weekly newsletter, on the Davis IC Events webpage, in Facebook page/groups, and other sites as appropriate.
- Create, design, and format Davis IC promotional flyers, posters, presentation, and packet materials.
- Supervise the International Student Orientation Coordinator and Assistant Coordinator and supervise 20+ International Orientation Student Leaders.
- Serve as Advisor to the IC Leaders Organization; a select student leader group whose purpose is to plan and facilitate Davis IC student-led programs and orientations.
- Serve as the Davis IC liaison to relevant campus student organizations including International Students at Princeton (ISAP) and the Council of International Graduate Students on new programs and initiatives.
- Work closely with the Director to maintain program collaborations with campus stakeholders including Career Services, University Health Services, The Graduate School, Office of the Dean for Undergraduate Students, Residential Colleges, McGraw Center for Teaching and Learning, Fields Center, LGBT Center, and other campus stakeholders.
- Pursue professional development and maintain active membership in appropriate professional organizations such as NAFSA.
- Perform other duties as needed to support strategic plans for welcoming and supporting Princeton's international students and scholars.
For a detailed description visit the Job Posting at jobs.princeton.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=67760