The Department of Psychology at Webster University invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Clinical/Counseling Psychology, beginning with the 2022-2023 academic year (August 2022). This is a nine (9) month academic position with a teaching load of six-to-eight courses per year (three-to-four courses each semester). We seek candidates whose scholarship, teaching, and/or service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to engagement and inclusion of culturally diverse audiences in higher education, and particularly in Psychology. The successful candidate must be able to work in a multicultural environment that reflects our student body and embraces our vision and mission.
Ph.D. in Psychology or related field, or Psy.D. An ABD currently enrolled graduate student will be considered in special cases. Willingness to work collaboratively with faculty and to mentor students from a wide range of disciplines, cultures, and academic backgrounds is essential.
Additional consideration will be given to candidates who:
- Demonstrate multicultural competence in the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work independently and collaboratively with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways.
- Demonstrate excellence (or strong interest) in providing inclusive opportunities for high-impact practices, including mentoring undergraduate research.
- Demonstrate experience teaching a diverse student population, including international students.
- Have scholarly interests that compliment those of existing faculty and/or would add novel contributions to the department.
- Licensed or license-eligible in Missouri.
Click here to view the entire posting on the Webster University website:
Webster University Applicant Portal